How does Zillow determine the predicted foreclosure estimate?

• August 13 2013 - Bixby
  • 0

Profile picture for RickyPowell
Like most of the information that zillow uses I believe it would come from county records which are made available to the public.  When a bank files for foreclosure there will be a judgment filed as well.  All of this information is made available to the public through the recording system used by the county.  I believe zillow pulls that information and that is how they derive a foreclosure estimate.  Hope that helps and if you need assistance in making an offer on a foreclosed property please let me know I would be glad to help!
  • April 28

Here's a link to Zillow's FAQ "What is a Foreclosure Zestimate?"

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
I'd say they guess at it.