Profile picture for molly jones

How does Zillow estimate home values?

My home information in Denver public property records is out of date. It displays as a 2 BR 2 BA home that hasn't been updated. However I updated both kitchens, both baths, built a garage, added glass block windows, planted 5 trees, etc. etc. Plus I have egress windows in the 3 major rooms in the basement: both BRs and the FR. How can I get those improvements to show up in the Zillow Zestimate?
  • June 22 2011 - Highland

Profile picture for Brett And Jen
Based on square footage taken from the tax rolls and neighborhood sales. Unfortunately, we have found that Zillow does not account for views, lay of the land, better parts of the neighborhood, and custom homes.

Read through these answers....http://www.zillow.com/wik ... uestions/
http://www.zillow.com/wikipages/Most-Popular-Zillow-Questions/

ALSO -

I see that the "My Estimate" tool is now gone. Is that change related to the Zestimate improvements?

We are doing some work to improve the "My Estimate" tool and hope to have it back up soon. In the meantime, homeowners can and should continue to update their home facts. Some home facts can directly affect the home's Zestimate.