How does an agent get new leads?

I was just wondering what is the most popular way for a new agent to get leads for listings?
  • March 01 2013 - Town of New Milford

Referrals are the best way.  Start with everyone you know and let them know what you are doing.  Ask them if they know of anyone contemplating buying or selling in the near future.

It's tough to get started.  There are programs and coaches who can help you develop a plan or strategy to ferret out clients.

Definately your sphere of influence, join clubs and other organizations, don't forget to post on Facebook, I have received several leads that way as well

There is no replacement to getting referals, especially from your sphere of influence. Having a good presence online is important, but I truly believe that nothing beats face-to-face networking (and I'm from the internet age!). But, I also think it works best to do your networking within a targeted group. For example, I'm a runner. So, me being a realtor carries a bit more influence when I'm presenting myself to other runners. 

Profile picture for MaryBeth Frye
Look up expired listings, visit for sale by owners listings, network everywhere you go.