Profile picture for r.dekeman

How does one advise Zillow of very obvious errors on a home. Size, School district, etc.

Specifically.  5721 E. Fair Place, Centennial, CO 80111. This home has 2252 s.f. and is not in the Littleton School District. It's in the Cherry Creek School District. Consequently all the schools you show are incorrect.

Please Email me at r.dekeman@juno.com
  • May 27 2010 - Centennial

Profile picture for blue screen exile
Zillow has posted in the past that they use the "closest" (public) schools, and not the assigned schools.  There is no one source for school assignments; you need to get the assignment information direct from each district, and they change their assignment boundaries frequently.

With the HDP-3G site revision, the home details pages are now clearer that these are "closest" schools and not "assigned" schools.

This is not a "school" website.  If you want school information, you should look up each state's department of education; find the school districts in that state; then look up each district; then from the districts, get the local school information, and then look up the local schools, or perhaps visit them.

No self respecting Real Estate broker would have a juno.com E-mail address; and if they are not even willing to sign up with a Real Estate Agent tag, the info thy give out is even less credible than what they are complaining about.

And notice the foolishness of this so called "agent" changing the contact e-mail address being requested to use; which Zillow calls SPAM, since all contacts are to go though the user profile, and Zillow already has E-mail addresses for those that are allowed to post, even if the user requests no contacts on their profile.

If there is an error in square footage of your neighbor's house, you simply use the "edit" tab, and the "report a problem" button, to have Zillow staff give the info to be checked to the 3rd party data collection company for review next time a person from that data company is collecting county records.

Don't expect it to be fixed any time soon after "reporting a problem"; it takes about 6 months.

Don't blame Zillow; Zillow doesn't collect any information; they only pay thousands of data collection companies that have been in the business of doing that for others for a long time.

If a Real Estate Broker only wants multiple listing data, the broker should be looking there instead.  If the Broker wants more accurate county record information, it is public record, and they are welcome to look it up themselves.  If the county record information is incorrect, report it to the county or the local building department, especially if it was an illegal addition.

I know something about a lot of homes too, but I don't expect Zillow to correct them one by one for me. If you feel that Zillow is "simple and totaly inaccurate", don't use it or recommend it to your peers. Zillow is clear about what they do and they explain it well here.  I believe that Zillow gets it's school information directly from education.com. If it is wrong, you can correct it at the source and Zillow will update.

No self respecting broker would refer their clients to Zillow or any other AVM for "accurate" value or property information. Zillow's info is not better or worse that any other public records info available, but as a  broker you should already know that. 

Profile picture for r.dekeman
My question does not relate to my home. Instead, it relates to a home about which I know something. Your information is simple and totaly innacurate. I am a real estate broker and would like to believe that your online information is accurate. Should you not be interested in examining the accuracy of Zillow's online info, I will need to report to my peers and the public that Zillow can not be trusted to correctyly provide even the most basic information. And I would use this address and this particular neighborhood as a good example of Zillow innaccuracy. Please Email me at: deke.mbi@juno.com

You can claim your home and edit your square footage, schools, bed/bath etc. There is more information on how to claim your home and edit your home facts here. The change on your home details page is immediate, but if those changes affect your Zestimate, that will take longer to show up in the numbers in about 6-8 weeks. Hope it helps.