Profile picture for TamaraRamos Sadel

How fast can I get approved for a mortgage, after completing a student loan rehabilitation program?

I have been fixing my credit for the past 4 yrs. Got it cleaned out after checking my reports every 6 months, after 2 yrs of a good score, one of my student loans (perkins loan) was in default when i check Oct 2012. This didnt show up previously, I had moved & never received a statement, I assumed it was bunched up with my other student loans from US Dept of ED.After finding out, I worked w/the lender. They had put my loan in rehabilitation repayment, after 9 months of on time payments they will clear the negative and put the loan back in 'current' status. The 9th payment will be Sept 1st. I spoke to the school and they will remove the status as soon as they get the 9th payment (which I pay 2 weeks beforehand). Wells Fargo said to try in Sept(in May), now they say Oct. to try again. I'm ready to buy now. Husband has perfect credit. Besides this blemish my credit is good, income, savings all good.

June 29 2013 - US

Try to finance based on the husbands credit and income.

Profile picture for TamaraRamos Sadel
It was 90 day, then it went into default. What are my chances of getting approved after the default status is removed?
Wells Fargo already denied us, but they said to wait until Sept/Oct.

It would depend on what your current credit scores are now and how late your student loan payment was. Did it show collection, 30 day, 60 day, 90 day or? Depending, you may have to wait until they remove it.