How important is the Coastal Construction Control Line to you as an agent or buyer?

I'm showing a client homes near the property mapped above.   In the interest of full disclosure, I make every attempt to explain the process of building and permitting as well as differences in lands located seaward of the CCCL.  

I'm just curious.  Buyers tend to gloss over the permitting process until they actually begin to build or expand existing construction.  Dunes are beautiful, but often cannot be disturbed. 

August 17 2013 - Fernandina Beach

I work with oceanfront buyers fairly often.  I'm aware of the restrictions and I do make a point of educating and disclosing.  The standard CCCL rider also covers the disclosure. 

Buyers sometimes tend to gloss over the details.  My job is, I understand, to educate as well as sell, but I still see buyers, apparently oblivious to the restrictions until long after purchase. 

Mike & Eve, I will typically create the paper trail with the contract/disclosures as well.  I'm still uncomfortable when buyers just want to sign.  I'm just curious if you see the same trend of "sign on the line"....and lack of concern. 

If you are representing the buyer it is VERY important that they understand...if I had a buyer gloss over it, I would send them an e-mail to clarify and have a paper trail that you disclosed.

Eve