How is it that there are comparable homes in my neighborhood with much higher Zestimates?

There are comparable homes in my neighborhood with much higher zestimates. Some equally compare and some less...but still have higher Zestimates than my home. A little disappointing since alot of people use this tool. Would appreciate more accuracy especially since I will be putting my home on the market in the Spring and I know my home is worth more than my current Zestimate and other comparables in my neighborhood. 
  • December 05 2012 - Apex
  • 0

Thank you for your reply. I have had an appraiser come out which is how I know my home value is more than what Zillow shows. How do I get that information updated?

Zillow offers up 'zestimates' which rhymes and is similar to a guesstimate, however theirs is based on information purchased from various sources etc
If you want to know what your current market value on your home is contact a local Realtor, such as myself or pay an appraiser to come out. As hard as Zillow tries, it is still not an accurate source for a home seller to base price on.
Hope that helps