Profile picture for deepu_p

How is the area around Davis St / San Leandro Blvd intersection?

We are looking at condos near Davis Street on the east side of San Leandro blvd (in San Leandro, ZIP 94577). Within the 4-5 blocks area there, I see about 3-4 condo buildings and would love to get some commentary on the following:

a) How does this area compare to the rest of rest of San Leandro? Would you call this one of the wrost neighborhoods or will you put this on the same level as one of the best neighborhoods?

b) I plan to occupy the unit but eventually may rent it out. My hypothesis is the BART being close by, renting a 2BR/2BA at about $1500+ is not going to be a challenge. Would you agree with the "promiximity to BART will help renting" hypothesis at all? I am wondering if people prefer to save 10 mins of commute by staying in San Leandro Vs. staying in Fremont which is probably much safer

c) Would you rate this area better or worst than bay fair and hayward areas?

Appreciate any color with this area in general.

May 25 2012 - San Leandro

a) This area is considered downtown San Leandro. By and large it's representative of San Leandro as a whole; A diverse community of primarily working class people. I wouldn't necessarily say this area is bad. It's certainly a better area than the region surrounding bay fair. I know some people that live in this area and they feel safe and like the neighborhood. You will see more people passing through this area due to it's proximity to BART. On a scale from best to worst I would say this area is somewhere right in the middle. This is simply my opinion.

b) Proximity to BART could definitely help you with some prospective tenants, specifically those that commute to Oakland or SF. That area is also walking distance to ample shopping and restaurants. I would say this is a decent area to own a rental property.