How long am I locked into staying withmy current real estate agent after they found a renter for me?

I worked with one real estate agent that found me a renter after 2-3 months being on the rental market. But, I'm thinking of switching agents to help me sell the home after the lease is up in 2014. Am I locked to using the same agent or am I able to go with someone new? How soon would I be free to interview new agents to help sell my place? The new tenants have not moved in yet, so, am I locked in for a few months with my current agent until the new tenants move in, if so, how many months long?

January 16 2013 - Purcellville

Hi!  Just check the contract or agency agreement that was signed when you hired your realtor to find you a renter.  If it didn't speak to anything with respect to selling your home... then you should be free to go ahead and start interviewing other agents.  Good luck!

It would depend on the contract you signed with this agent...what are the terms of your contract?  If they extend beyond the time frame you are comfortable working in than renegotiate the terms...best of luck

Did you ask him what the problem is?  Try to find out what the circunstances are exactly. Because if is the price, the Association, the property, changing realtors is not going to take care of the situation.  If he abandon the listing, yes, you can get in touch with another realtor.

Best fo Luck,

Maria Cipollone

I signed 2 forms. One called the "Exlcusive Right to Lease Listing Agreement" in order for my agent to relist the rental home back on the market and the other one for the rental lease to the new tenants.
The first one states the terms end on March 2013. Does that mean I am committed to my agent until then? I don't want to break the terms. 

Thanks for posting your question on Zillow.com!

Read over any paperwork you may have signed with the agent.  Heck, I would even contact him to have him send you all paperwork you signed with him.

If you have nothing signed, feel free to interview away.  I recommend search on Zillow for agents in your area, read over their past client reviews to help select one.

You might have signed a document about the rental. Once that was completed it probably is no longer in effect and you can use anyone you want. It all depends what is written in any documents, but my guess is that you are not bound to the agents company anymore.