Profile picture for RichChoate

How long can Fannie Mae put off the repairs they agreed to do?

My husband and I have been in contract with Fannie Mae since February waiting on them to run a water line and meter to the house.  We have done multiple extensions on our closing date and it looks like we are going to have to do another.  Our agent has tried to contact Fannie Mae several times trying to get an update on what is going on.  They do not respond!  They send us extensions, we send them back and we never get the signed one back.  The listing agent assures us that everything is in order, that the house is still ours and that they are working towards getting the water ran.  What I wanna know is what can we do?  We love the house but patients only gets you so far.  I am ready to skip the agents and start calling Fannie Mae myself.
  • May 09 2011 - Lexington
  • 0

Profile picture for BartMedlock

Talk to your agent but based on the info provided, I'd probably be advising my clients of two options. You can either continue to wait indefinitely or sign a release/send to Fannie and we'll find another home. Good luck and one way or another it will work out exactly how its supposed to.

Unfortunately I don't believe there is a limiting factor to how long it can take other than your patience. I had some clients get a home under contract right at the end of my own street and we waited months for them to get a repair made to the plumbing outside of the home so we could get water on. After months of this, me following up twice a week and the other agent responding that they were working on it, my clients finally just got fed up and found another home. I wish I had a more optimistic answer for you.