How long does it take to revoke an easement? It has been in place for many years.

My client is interested in a property where the tennis court has an easement that bleeds over onto the neighbors property. If the neighbors want to revoke the easement, how long would this take them, can they revoke it and what can they do to keep it?
  • April 23 2013 - Truckee
  • 0

Profile picture for DaveWestall
There are many factors that would go into determining if revoking the easement is possible and based on the info provided I do not have enough information to make an assessment or provide insight.  Is the tennis court on the easement?  Is access to the tennis court on an easement?  Do both owners want to get rid of the easement?  If I had a little more info I might be able to help.  As the others have suggested it would be my recommendation to have your client contact a real estate attorney who could assess the situation and make a recommendation.  I would be happy to provide you with a referral for a great real estate attorney if you need one.

Best regards, Dave

David Westall, Realtor
Tahoe Riverfront Realty, Inc.
[contact information deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]
DRE# 01796995

This is a legal question. Your client should contact a real estate attorney.

Your client should talk with an attorney.