Profile picture for unity520

How long to clear a FHA mortgage after transferring file

Long story, but I am transferring my mortgage to another broker.  Almost everything was cleared by the bank, but the broker cant get an answer on the contract.  I think this is because he is not doing his job.  I have a friend who is going to take the FHA file in full.  How long should the process take? 
  • May 05 2010 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Justin Kennedy
you will need have lender release appraisal and transfer FHA case number. these do not take long if all parties work together. the appraisal may cause delay if you need to order new appraisal. The appraisal follows the FHA case number, but, that does not mean lender has to accept it. best too know up front.

outside of those it is upto your friend to preform. he/she woud know the turn times best.

Profile picture for unity520

I have everything completed, title, contract, insurance, apprsaiel, everything has been done.  The underwriter is not answering my broker.  My broker is willing to give the entire file over to another broker.  I am wondering how long it wil take from that point.  I also have a FHA case #

Your question is unclear. If you're trying to buy a property by obtaining an FHA loan the normal process can take 30 to 45 days. There are many variables that can prolong the process. If you feel your friend will work harder for you, then by all means work with your friend.