How low should I negotiate the price?

I am interested in a newly built (2013) single family home that has been on the market for less than 90 days. It is prices at $120,000. Would it be fair for me to start my negotiating price at $105,000?
  • September 23 2013 - Joplin

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
I bet you will not get much reduction, but you can try. 90 days is not much. Builders don't come off a price easily because it sets a precedent for anything else they build. They do sometimes add in extras or upgrades, but don't expect much off the listed price.

I do suggest you get a Realtor to act as your buyers agent. It's free to you too so why wouldn't you get some help? Be careful of builders contracts, they do not look out for you!

tim