Profile picture for mommy123cat

How low will a seller reduce their property?What percentage rate?

we are in a 170000-180000 bracket for purchasing but still need to sell our home. Anyhow, it is suggested we get a 5000.00 SA as well..if a few homes are priced at 199,900 and 189,999 are they untouchable for us? We also have been told we can "buy a point" for the mortgage rate and then our offer can increase to 185,000 asking MAX. Is this offending to the seller? These are not foreclosures/short sales..they have been on the market for over 5 months however..
  • June 22 2009 - West Norriton
  • 0

make a lot of phone calls to see if you could work something out on one of the houses.  Hi mr. realtor I am qualified for ??? and am looking at your property at ???, are your seller willing to entertain a lower offer.  answer NO, thanks for your time.  Next one.
You will have to go through 20-50 to get a yes, but you only need one yes to find the house.

Aloha,
These are great questions, and some of the answers will depend on your local area and negotating trends there.  It's difficult to second-guess the responses from the other party when negotiating.  And at the end of the day, the only way to really find out is to try.  I always try to investigate as much as possible, and understand the motivations and needs of the party on the "other side of the table."  This is so that we can factor in how to approach negotiations in order to not offend unnecessarily, and also how to package an offer in an attractive way to the seller that meets my buyers objectives.  Always, always...be nice :)  Good faith efforts in negotiating go a long way towards accomplishing your goals of getting a good value. Remember, it's numbers - but what really drives the terms is often emotions.  As you can probably tell, I love to negotiate :)  My best suggestion is to make sure you're working with a buyers agent who has a track record of successful negotiations, as even with an accepted offer - many times we have to negotiate various items during escrow.

I'm not licensed in your area, but if there's any way I can be of help - please feel free to contact me at (808) 652-2879.