Profile picture for Steve Cazel

How many agents have listings with Zillow and are not even on the prefered agents lists? Click?

Why do we let Zillow use our MLS listing information if they are not even featuring us athe listing agent as the number one preferred local agent?> Zillow is actually taking
business away from me at this point.  Zillow is taking money from me and my family by practicing these standards. This is and should be illegal and I never gave Zillow the permission to post my lisings on their site. The least Zillow could do is post me the listing agent as the number one preferred agent on my own lisings.  Instead they are taking money from agents that pay to get on that list and who ever pays the most comes up? This practice needs to stop again If I am number one on the list of preferred agents on their site when you click on the listing then I can see having 2 or 3  others below me.  However not to have me pop up is unacceptable and I plan on doing somethign about it.  Who agrees?
Steve Cazel Zillow 5 Star agent Pissed off that I am losing money because of Zillow!
  • October 03 2013 - San Diego
  • 0

I am also listed as the "Listing Agent" on my properties even though I am NOT a Zillow Premier agent. Actually, when I view you listings, you ARE the "Listing Agent" on you own listings. I'm not sure what you're so upset about.

And we belong to the same MLS (SDAR). Pro tip: You can disable the syndication when you're inputting your listing on the MLS. There are 3 or 4 fields that ask if you'd like to "syndicate" your listing. They are prefilled to YES, but you can manually change it to NO.

Jason

Hi Steve,
I am not a Zillow preferred agent (I don't currently pay them any money), but when I look at my listings, I am the number one agent listed on the right hand side.) Is that not the case for you?

there are plenty of agents that feel your way. Most likely the decision to share data was made at your board level back in the day. They would be able to get the info either way with or without our help unfortunately.

Profile picture for Steve Cazel
Do the right thing Zillow practice good business ethics. Post the listing agent as the number one spot for preferred agents and go down from there. I mean really use some common since.

Steve

Profile picture for Steve Cazel
This Sucks and I am sure there are thousands of agents that agree!