How many listings have you done this week?

Hot Summer leads to more homes going on the market!

Maybe it`s me but, i`ve been running around for the past two weeks on listing appointments. Every since the sub prime lenders crashed our telephone has been ringing off the hook.

This week alone we added 6 new listings with another 2 before Sunday.

The realization has finally set in.

It`s getting very interesting as it appears those who were once thinking of waiting for this market to "Blow Over" believe that it may not be the case.

Prices have dropped from the highs and will remain "Flat" for the next 2-3 years based on the absorption rate of housing currently out there.

This brings many different scenarios how to first market the home, price the home, and seller incentives.

This has been the Summer of Chaos. I don`t know about you but I expect some sort of movement again in 2008.

For those who can hold onto their listings things could become very hectic once again..
  • August 23 2007 - US
  • 0

I sure hope you are right, in my market of Central New York we are a bit at a stand still, that is only because the fair is going on and also back to school, that is always the case, but.. I have a feeling that it will pick up by next week, and it always has for me that time of the year.. and of course I am looking at more FSBO's because they do need me, they just do not know it yet.. but one from my listing appt last night found out they did...
Thanks, great post.

I hear the same sentiment here in CT - once we get through "back to school", the realization that summer is winding down and "back to serious business" mode returns.

I hope so - it's been quiet for too long!

Had two appointments last week. Lost the first and got the second...it'll be up after Labor Day. The first one was interesting....they had already talked to a couple of agents. They wanted to price at $460K. I showed them their competition and we didn't come to terms on what their price should be (should be $50K lower) or my fee. MAR in the neighborhood was 7 and they would have been the second highest in the subdivision. I think they liked the opinion of the higher price one of the other agents suggested so they went that way. Oh well!