Profile picture for xGriz53

How much can I rent my house for?

Just wondering if you had any rental comparison tools?
  • February 16 2009 - Layton
  • 3

Profile picture for donnamay265
The tools mentioned such as rent zestimate and rentometer are good for a start in determining fair market rents.  I have used these and quickly found out that you have to run rent values like you do when you buy a house, meaning compare apples to apples.  If your house is smaller and only 2 bedrooms when the rest of the neighborhood has larger houses and 3 bedrooms, then you can not expect the same rents as the other houses.  Rentometer does account for number of bedrooms but does not account for different types of neighborhoods.  You may be only one street over where the rents are drastically different because of the neighborhood.  This could be good or it could be bad, always do your due diligence in the same neighborhood you intend to rent.  There is a website called weteachhouses.com that has a post where this is explained, probably does better than I have done here. [promotion deleted by Zillow mdoerator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for bellabessy
22121 cantara st canoga park ca 91304 how much can i rent my house for?

Profile picture for mattbowers
Zillow now has Rent Zestimates! Just go to Zillow's home page and type in your address, then look for the Rent Zestimate in the Charts and Data section.

I haven't seen any on Zillow myself, but there is one rentometer and I have also heard that zilpy is good. Craigslist also gives you an idea about current asking prices for rent too. Hope the links help.