Profile picture for taruntripathi

How much has does good school in neighborhood help in selling a home?

I am about to buy a house. The area is ok but the schools in that area dont have very high rating. I am very concerned about it. I myself dont have any kids. I am asking from a selling point of view. Wont it attarct buyers like me in future?
  • July 15 2009 - Canoga Park
  • 0

You've answered your own question!

Profile picture for space_acer
 "Values can drop further in areas with poor schools while areas with good schools tend to get bought before falling as far in value. "

Nonsense!  SFBA prices increased by 300% to peak years. So tell us have the schools also increased their scores. Since price are falling are the schools doing a crappier job, test scores dropping?  

Clearly not more than REA hype for price inflation.

Orin is dead on...It all has to do with location, location, location -
Good school districts are much easier to sell.  You are wise to use it as qualifier for you new home. 

I find with parents placing their kids in public schools that it is very important and is a key determinent of where they live.  Values can drop further in areas with poor schools while areas with good schools tend to get bought before falling as far in value.