Profile picture for jerrymack

How much is my home worth?

I ask this question because just this morning on National Public Radio, I heard about Zillow for the first time, and they were talking about how Zillow evaluates homes.  So I have come to your website and looked it over and registered.  But I see no link to a home evaluation place.  So how much is my home worth?  Thank you.
--Jerry McMurry
  • June 25 2011 - Lakeside
  • 0

Hi Jerry,

When you go to Zillow.com, just type in an address in the Find Homes box. You'll see a Zestimate in the little box that pops up on the map.

These are not actual values like an appraiser would estimate. The numbers come from feeds on other sites. Neither appraisers nor Realtors use Zillow to estimate value for property transacations. They are not accurate enough, and don't take into consideration a lot of things an agent or appraiser would. We get "Why is my Zestimate so much lower than ...?" questions all the time here.

Zillow is a good tool though, and a great place to start. You've already found out how to get information from San Diego agents!

Warm regards,

Cory La Scala, Realtor
Independence Realty
Lic # 01443391
Direct: 619-825-6421