Profile picture for zoneandonly

How much notice do leasing agts have to give before showing the house I rent that is now for sale

I lease a house that is going to be put on the market for sale. My lease agreement is not up until Aug 2012. How much notice do leasing agents have to give me before showing the house to clients? I have no problem with the property being shown as long as I am given prior notice, at least 1 day or 24 hours. Do I have the right to make this request? 
  • January 16 2012 - North Las Vegas
  • 0

Best Answer

The notice your landlord is required to give is based on state and local law. From my understanding, stating something different in a lease cannot override the law. Here's a link that shows requirements for different states.

Profile picture for Rita Walker
I believe 48 hours notice is the norm. However, many leases state that you must make the home available for showings, if the home is listed for sale (open to interpretation).
I think 24 hours notice is generous on your part. Your Landlord should be happy with your cooperation.
Good Luck

Depends on your lease, what did you negotiate? 24 hours is what I see. However, that owner is trying to make sure they are not out of pocket and trying to lease the home as soon as possible. Why not work with them? Ask for a reduction in rent for last minute showings.