Profile picture for gijoerock

How much should I expect to pay for new Carpet and Tile in a 2300 sq ft home?

I selected Berber carpet at $15.99 per yard and Ceramic Tile at $1.38 per sq ft.  I was quoted at $3500.00 and I want to know if that's too much or a great bargain.
  • May 14 2009 - East Side
  • 0

Best Answer

Howdy
I am assuming your quotes include installation, padding, prep whatever is requried.  If yes that is awesome and share your quote source with all of us.

Sounds like a great deal if you can redo the entire house for only $3,500!  You can get some medium grade carpet installed in our area for about $16 per sq yard but installed ceramic tile for only $1.38 sf sounds low.  Make sure you get a bid on the prep work as well because that is where prices can go over your original bid. 

Profile picture for andys world
You don't tell how much square footage is carpet and how much is tile so there is no way to tell if its a good deal.  Carpet is the cheapest way to cover the floor but I recommend tile as better, the best...