How much to offer on home with an expired listing?

I saw a home about a year ago in a really remote community (~about 1hr from town and 20+ minutes from civilization). The house is 1930s, 950 sq ft, 3 acre lot, lots of character and borders a national forest.It is well maintained and in great shape. Its listing price was $125,000. Based on the size of the house and location, the price was highway robbery in my opinion. The listing expired twice over the course of the year and the owners gave up trying to sell. I am now in the market and contacted the realtor to ask if the owners were still interested in selling and the owner said yes. The average price in the area of the house is $69k and the tax value of the property in question is $47k. My question is, having had no offers on the home and allowing the listing to expire, how much below asking price can I offer without seeming insulting?
  • April 16 2013 - Collettsville
  • 0

We suggest that you find a Buyer's Agent to represent you.  The Seller will probably agree to pay the Buyer's Agent's commission and you have someone to represent you, providing info on comps, etc., info.that you don't have.