Profile picture for Will D

How often do you adjust?

Zillow lists my house 5004 Spring Kansas CIty for $105k. Zillow lists my next door neighbors house 5000 Spring KC, MO at $91k. My neighbor closed last week with an appraisal of  $112k thats nabout 20 percent higher then the zestimate. Will his purchase effect my zestimate? If so when?
  • June 16 2011 - Blue Vue Hills
  • 0

Profile picture for Will D
I found the record on the countys website and it was higher then I thought at 113,386.00
Here is the link.
http://records.jacksongov.org/imgcache/opr2011E0054435-1-16.pdf

Profile picture for Will D

I am trying to refinance and this would help me. Is there anything I can do to help expidite the process?

Yes, actual sales in the neighborhood affect Zestimates in the neighborhood.   When does it happen?  It needs to be recorded in the county database, transferred to a third party data provider then imported into Zillow, then be computer selected as a comp.   I've seen the first three steps take as little as 10 days and as long as 9 months.