How quickly can you sell the home you now own?

This is for the FSBO'S how fast do you guys you can get you home sold? how and why?

• March 07 2010 - Orlando
  • 0

It depends on price.. If it's well priced for the condition and the market, it'll sell. 

The market is moving again, just not at the rate it once was but houses are selling.

Profile picture for rockinblu
I was listed with an agent from June of 07 thru Sept 07. He chose to drop our listing due to several reasons. First, we wouldn't drop our price by 10%, tough sell due to spiral staircase, and he probably was offended in me finding out that some of his bs was really bs. He was also particularly offended with me confronting him about several issues.

He didn't do open houses, and when I suggested doing an owners open house, he told me it was against the law=BS. He told me that showcase listings on Realtor.com were done on a rotation basis and you just have to be online at the right time to see your listing displayed that way=BS. He told me in reality, hardly  anyone uses Realtor.com in looking for a house=BS.

I decided to go FSBO in Oct.07, without going on the MLS to allow for a DOM reset. I knew we were going into the slow time for RE sales anyway. I dropped our price 3%, as we no longer were paying a listing side commission, and was under contract with an unrepresented buyer with a back up offer from a represented buyer in Jan 08. We ended up not needing the back up offer. :) 

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_doing_a_f_1

Profile picture for Mark LeMenager

Selling a home has always been about pricing.  That was true in the past.  It's true now.  It will be true in the future.