Profile picture for Mountain Pine

How reliable the information from Zillow.com

Hi I would like to know how reliable and where the real estate information Zillow got to its database. Thanks!

Shawn
  • February 19 2011 - Concord
  • 0

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi Shawn  -

I contacted the agent listed regarding this issue. I informed them that this listing is still active in their feed system as what our other users have explained to you.

As soon as I hear from them, I will let you know.

Thank you for your patience.

Zillow is only as good as the information fed to it. Therefore, in our data banks that feed zillow, we find errors everyday. Some of these errors have to be corrected by the county or the MLS websites can correct some of them. But, it is entirely up to the agent or homeowner to point our the errors to get them reported and corrected properly.

Mountain Pine,
Your house is also currently listed for sale on other websites besides Zillow like hereherehere and many others. As well as still listed for sale on the original listing agent's site here.

You need to contact the listing agent here who has your home all over the internet and ask her to remove ALL feeds and listings to Zillow as well as all the other sites now that the house has been sold. This is her professional responsibility and I am sure that she will help you. Zillow is only one site, but the source of this listing is the agent and you need to follow up with her and give her three business days to do her job.

Your house was sold Jan 26 and leaving these listings up for 30 days after close is not right. As the new owner, you have the right to have them all removed. Zillow does not send their listings to anyone other than Yahoo so the source of the listings is the agent. Hope the links help.

Profile picture for Mountain Pine
Feb 24, 2011.

To whom it may concern:
Zillow.com

Since my contact last weekend to zillow.com, I talked to the listing agents again and they did not acknowledge that putting my house for sale is their error. During my email contact to zillow that Zillow believed it is zillow's mistake.

I just checked Zillow.com a moment ago and I saw the sale list of my property is still active and please confirm: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5365-Forte-Ln-Concord-CA-94521/18354652_zpid/.

It seems to me that nobody is liable for putting my property on www.zillow.com and nobody is willing to remove it from the website right now. If this issue is not solved within 3 days (Feb 27, 2011), I will contact Zillow again for other alternatives. As of today, the list block my renting business for several weeks. All my potential tenants pointed out that they are afraid of moving out of place shortly after moving. It was their consideration that we examined the website: zillow.com.

I hope Zillow has a responsible person to help it out. Thanks!

Regards!

Shawn

It appears to be in a listing feed here.   Zillow takes what comes through the feeds, therefore is depending on accuracy in the feeds.   As long as it is on this feed (or others), it will keep reappearing on Zillow even if manually removed by Zillow employees.

If it is on a feed, the solution is for the agent/brokerage to remove it from the feed.   They (agents) often say it isn't their fault and blame Zillow, but you can see for yourself it is out there for the whole world to see on another site.   The agents are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, and IMHO, the one in the feed hasn't done so.

A Zillow phone number is available under "more" then "advertising".  They work standard business hours, Pacific time.

Profile picture for Mountain Pine
Please let me know who I should contact by phone to fix a problem on Zillow web page about my property.

Shawn

Profile picture for Mountain Pine
The property 5365 Forte Ln, Concord, CA 94521 is my recently acquired one and I have never listed it again. Why it is listed for sale on Feb 12, 2011. I called the Real World and I am confirmed it is Zillow's mistapping the data. Please remove it asap. It hurt my renting out.

Shawn

Zillow taps into hundreds if not thousands of data bases across the country.   Some of them are very accurate, some have errors.

Is there is a specific type of data you are interested in that we could explore further?