Profile picture for Ron sr.

How successful are Agent open houses?

How successful are Agent open houses? That is when an open house is for Real Estate Agents come to look over the property, then return with there clients.

• August 15 2011 - Chula Vista
  • 0

Doing an Open House can be very successful! You need to ensure when you hire a Realtor to sell you home you make sure you find someone with resources, experience, and knowledge about your home's market. When you do interview some Realtors ask them to show you an open house checklist they utilize to conduct an open house properly. If they say they don't need one because they've done so many they are wrong! Overconfidence and pride can definitely be a weakness in a Realtor and if yours is not treating your home transaction as if it was their first one every time to ensure everything is done right they will not represent you to the best extent possible. An open house should include door knocking on your homes neighborhood the week of to invite all of your neighbors and let them know the home is for sale so they can tell their friends and family to come check it out, social media advertising to increase the reach in advertising, multiple platforms like Zillow should have great profiles with a lot of previously SOLD homes to show the home will be open, phone calls to that Realtor's sphere of influence (everyone they know) should be made to extend the invite, and the checklist just keeps going! An open house can be very successful with the right Realtor!

Profile picture for NikoleD
I am not a huge fan of these. Seems the agents who come out are coming for the food or free gifts provided. I tend to see mainly new agents getting a feel for the area or market doing agent open houses. If an agent has a buyer they will typically bring them out to look if the home is in the price range and area they are looking for. I feel time spent on a buyer open house is more effective. Hope this helps

Most open houses attract buyer leads for the agent. I have never sold the open house I was sitting to a buyer met at open house.

Therefore, although worthwhile, open houses are a very passive way of marketing a home. I prefer door knocking or calling the neighbors, internet marketing, blogging, etc.

I agree that broker's opens, which are open houses for real estate professionals, are more effective.

We call those Broker Open.  Broker Opens are great because agents will always have pocket buyer waiting for the right home.  This can help promote you property into multiple offers.  Currently in Chula Vista we have a listing shortage so a Broker Open isn't a must, but it can't hurt.  I hope my info helped you.

Kind Regards,

Sam

If a property needs the personal exposure, then it could be well worth it.  Some houses photos just don't read well in the MLS and are overlooked. I've been pleasantly surprised by some houses I've visited, expecting much worse.

I'd do an agent open house before I'd do a buyer open house any day - at least to sell a house.