How to break into mortgage business?

I've been hired by reputable bank and I''ve 23 years of finance experience in the automotive industry. I know how to close a deal but am having a hard time getting started. I am willing to co-op with agents/brokers. Help!
  • August 18 2014 - Saint Louis
  • 0

I'm trying wrap my head around the phrase "reputable bank".

It isn't an easy field to enter these days. There are no spifs. There are no sales managers forcing people into your office. There aren't any of the F&I guy advantages.

Builders may love you, though. You could set up an F&I office, in a model home, and do some work. If you could get the Builder to force the Sales-folks to "turn", or go home.

Hello there,

You might also have some luck if you started a co-marketing campaign with some of the top Realtors in your area. It definitely helped me get a leg up, but it's not cheap.

Beginning is always hard. You might want to go to networking events to meet agents. Usually, local Real estate associations hold such events.
Agents like to recommend good professionals. They do not receive anything in return only that if the professional works well then it reflects well on them.