Profile picture for InanHO

How to contact zillow to remove picture of my home.

My home is on Zillow pictured as a home in preforeclosure and my home is NOT in preforeclosure or foreclosure and never has been.  I believe it is the house next door and I would like OUR home removed!!!  I realize it is from a map but it is the wrong house so I want it taken off. 
  • January 08 2012 - Hollis
  • 0

Best Answer

I understand and I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. The houses that I see on Zillow that are listed as foreclosure or pre-foreclosure come from directly on a feed to Zillow from foreclosure.com. You can find their contact information here.

Foreclosure.com often lists houses using street or satellite shots that do not match the address that is listed as a foreclosure. I have spoken to other owners who have had success in contacting that site directly and asking for removal of their house photo in the listing so that might help you too. I do not think that site should list houses that way and that would irritate me as an owner too.

You may also be able to flag the listing on Zillow using the yellow "edit" pencil to ask them to remove it. I do not know if they can remove it as long as the feed from foreclosure.com is still active, but it might be worth asking.

Profile picture for InanHO
@sunnyview  -  Firstly, you have nothing to be sorry for - I am the one who was too vague and I apologize for that.  I wasn't sure how to put it into words untill I got more info.

Secondly, thank you so much for your help.  I have done both things you advised.  I called foreclosure.com and got it straight with them and I edited it with the Edit button, giving zillow the correct info. Now I only wait to see the results.

:)

Profile picture for InanHO
I'm sorry but I DID NOT even put my home on zillow someone else did.  The only reason I saw it was because I was looking at someone else's home on my street that is for sale.  My home is NOT for sale and it is not in foreclosure or preclosure and so I do not think a picture of my home should be represented as such.  I don't want to "claim" my home or add information to it because I don't have my home up there someone else does and I want it removed.

Claiming your home on Zillow is easy and once you claim you will be able to add/edit photos on your page.

You can claim your house from your main house page using the yellow "edit" pencil under the main house photo to "claim ownership". You can also use that same menu after you claim to edit photos, square footage, bed/bath etc.

If your photo is showing the wrong house, you can upload one of your own to replace it as the main photo. My last house showed up as a large bush on the street shot so I replaced that with my own front photo. Hope it helps.

Profile picture for InanHO

After I "claim" my home????

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
You can make changes after you claim your home.Hope this helps.

http://www.zillow.com/wikipages/Claim-Your-Home/