How to convert a home address to a 'zpid' number?

Since the users didn't know their home zpid number let alone what is zpid's mean.
Is it possible to let me know 'How to convert a home address to a 'zpid' number?' ?
  • January 22 2011 - US

Profile picture for Elixir
If you are doing it using API, here are the steps.

1.You can use GetSearchResults API or GetDeepSearchResults API to get the ZPID of a property from an address.

2) Use the ZPID and call GetComps or GetDeepComps API to get the comparable sales.

You can see a working example here

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Good luck.

Thanks Murali,
I read your posts on the other threads, as you know, to make it to be easier for the users, I do the search comp. by programmatic (automatic).
My guess is only way to do that redirect the users go back to Zillow and tell to the users, "you needed to do this, do this and do that then go back to my website and do like this, like this and like that", which i guess that nobody want to do so 8)
Again thank you very much.

Profile picture for Elixir

You can get it manually by searching for the property in Zillow and from the URL of the property as explained in this post.  You can also get the ZPID using the API as explained here.