How to find that great deal!

As a buyer, you should ALWAYS have a Realtor.  We work for free, protect your interest, and provide a custom home search.  The custom webpage is created for you that will notify you the same day that a home comes on the market before other Buyers can see it! 
  • January 04 2009 - Tulsa
  • 0

I don't know a single realtor that works for free.   Are you the one that takes no commission?

Profile picture for aapostrophe
let me guess, it involves putting up a stupid ad with a kid in a business suit, right?  
 being an RE agent is so easy- even a 5 year old can bring in that commish!

Profile picture for aapostrophe
yeah wetdawgs, this genius still likes to tell the buyer that they pay nothing!  all fees are paid by the seller!   what a load.

Profile picture for aapostrophe
also- josh.
are you trying to tell us that you only send info out on an available house to ONE potential buyer at a time?  how sweet of you.

Yes, all commissions are paid for by the Seller, not the Buyer.  What I'm trying to relay is if you find a home online, have your own Realtor representing you.  When you just call up the listing agent, you often are talking to a friend or family member of that Seller, therefore you really limit your ability to negotiate price, and you have no one looking out for your best interest. 

Apparently aapostrophe, you have really been screwed over in the past too be so bitter...  As a Realtor I can set up a personalized webpage for you that is very specific to the ammenities, location, neighborhood, even a square block.  I set the webpage to automatically email you when a new match is listed.  Hope this clears things up for you. By the way, what do you do for a living?

"Yes, all commissions are paid for by the Seller, not the Buyer."

And, who pays the seller for the home (from which your commissions are derived)?

Josh, not only does the buyer pay, but since they typically finance the money from which you are paid, they actually pay your commision - plus interest.  Quite lame of you to try to spin it otherwise.

Profile picture for klarek the realist
Nice!  So that 3% goes to me then?  You are awesome!!!  I'm going to go buy a $500,000 house and pocket $15k!!!! 

Right?

No.

That is what you pocket, you f*cking scumbag.

How disgusting to use your or someone elses child to pimp your used house salesman sleaze. I bet you have little daughters that wear pumps and fake lashes in kid beauty pageants. Douche.

It's simple...... The seller has agreed to pay a certain commission when they sale the house.  They can either pay your Realtor 1/2 and their Realtor 1/2 or they can pay only their Realtor the entire commisson.  I am just saying that it's best to have your own Realtor instead of someone trying to represent both parties.  Just trying to poinnt out a mistake that many first time home buyers make. 

Actually a savvy Buyer could potentially negotiate the Buyer's side commission out of a transaction.  Especially in this market.

Profile picture for consumer22
Buying a home without someone in your corner is not good.
In a transaction where the buyer wants to buy a for sale by owner, there are no sellers disclousers,not good that could cost a bundel.

Josh this is not a site for Realtors

Tell the truth, Josh.

Does the seller typically have 20-30k lying around to pay your ass?  No.  They tack on the extra 6% commission dollars (or whatever - hopefully less in this market) to the price of their house and get the money from the buyer.  No one gets paid unless the buyer brings the money to the table.

Stop lying.  Buyers agents are not "free."

Chutta, have I converted you? <wink>

Consumer, 
A buyer can print out their own seller disclosure form and ask a seller to complete it.  This is the age of the mighty internet, after all.  Further, I would suggest that a buyer considering a FSBO hire a real estate attorney.  That would most likely cost them far less than a buyers' agent and would be more effective in covering the buyers interests.

Profile picture for klarek the realist
"Josh this is not a site for Realtors"

This is a site for people that don't like bullsh*t.

Profile picture for aapostrophe
"Apparently aapostrophe, you have really been screwed over in the past too be so bitter... "

actually, josh, i am far from bitter, as i am able to think things through for myself and have never been fooled by your particular brand of claptrap.  you are blatantly lying to your potential customers which is not a great thing to do if you would like them to ever come back. 

my mom used to give me lunch money.  i handed the money over to the scary cafeteria lady, but was it me paying, or was it my mother?

dumba$$

Profile picture for klarek the realist
Josh, you are pathetic.

Profile picture for aapostrophe

dear josh,

what i do for a living is of no concern to you.  however, i will tell you that
my job directly involves spotting shyster business practices and stamping them out. 

love,

aapostrophe

Profile picture for klarek the realist
"As a Realtor I can set up a personalized webpage for you that is very specific to the ammenities, location, neighborhood, even a square block."

There are thousands of search sites out there that even a child can run a search on like what you're talking about.

"I set the webpage to automatically email you when a new match is listed."

Ziprealty does that for me.  For free.

K101,
Not yet a convert... I still will maintain that I will not negotiate my commission (as a listing agent) with the Buyer, although the key word there is negotiate.  That doesn't mean you can't try too.

I'm just not a fan of misinformation.  Buyer has representation options... that being said Josh is right that a "first" time buyer should have representation.  My opinion is that a good REA can bring and entirely different tool box to a transaction then an attorney and could be worth their commission.

Josh:

I have no problem with representation, but if the seller pays the commission and the buyer pays the seller, isn't the buyer paying the commission?

For example, if commission is 6% on a $300k house (i.e. $18,000 of "free"), then if there were no commission I would get the house for $282 and the seller would have the same amount of money in his/her pocket.   Therefore, if the seller sees no difference in this scenario, why do I think that I'm not paying the commission?   I am not for tax purposes, but it does come out of my pocket in the long run.

This is basic arithmetic, not college calculus.

LOL, aapostrophe/ 

What happens when your buyer who you worked for, for 6 months decides that they want to go back to school, and wait on buying a house till later. I didnt get a dime from the seller, and sure didnt get any from the buyer. I think I just worked for free!