How to find the best buyers agent in the Las Vegas NV area

We will be shopping for a home in an Age restricted community in the Las Vegas area this fall. I've been searching reviews etc. for several buyers agents in this area and I'm wondering what questions should be asked of prospects when interviewing to make our selection. What will make the potential agent stand out from the others? How can you determine which agent will work the hardest and have our best interest in mind? We live on the East coast so that makes things more difficult. We have been told that the way to work is to have agents send photos and descriptions of property and wait until an offer is accepted subject to a time for due diligence and then travel to have a look. This is understandable but not particularly acceptable. We would prefer to find a buyer's agent and then make a trip to the area for 10 days or so and view a list of possible properties and then make offers on them from here if needed. We have several things we would expect in any property considered and would need the buyers agent to work with us on those needs. Any advice would be appreciated.

March 28 - Las Vegas

The simplest answer is there is no way to find the "Best Buyers Agent" in Las Vegas, or anywhere for that matter.  Many professionals will claim they have the best track record, know the most about the HOA, etc.  The best thing is to meet someone, and see if you have a connection with that person.

With data readily available, most Agents will know roughly the same amount of information, or more importantly, they will have the ability to get the right answers.  The ones you have to worry about are the ones that will answer you immediately and never tell you "I don't know."  There is no transaction that will come up that has an agent that will have every answer readily available.  You should look for someone that you have a good feeling can say to you, "I don't know the answer to this question, but I do know how to get the answer.  Let me find out and let you know right away."  That's someone who is honest to themselves, and this profession.

As for Age-Restricted, many of these communities have different CCR's and regulations.  Some have tighter rental restrictions, others are lenient.  

I would also recommend potentially discussing the facts with an agent in a phone call.  If you don't feel like they have a grasp of what you are looking for, find another agent.  Someone who has had sales in these areas MAY be better, but they also may just have coasted through a transaction.  

Best of luck, and good luck with the move from the East Coast!

June 03
A good way to find a good realtor is to use Zillow, and read the past client reviews. This will give you
a idea of what type of service that person is providing to his clients. Picking a expert in the area of town that you are interested is a good start. You might want to call two and compare to see if you get along and if they seem qualified and make you feel comfortable and knowledgeable. Good luck you will enjoy Las Vegas.

June 03
Find a Realtor that listens to your property interests and needs and makes you a priority.  A professional that knows the market, can show proof of success, and is detail orientated is ideal.  Please let me know if I may be of assistance with your home search as I help buyers throughout the nation find their home in Las Vegas or Henderson, NV. 

April 10
First and foremost, you should like the agent you choose to represent you. You will be spending a fair amount of time together discussing some personal details. The agent should also have experience in the type of real Estate you're seeking. All that being said, I would love to have the opportunity to help you find the home you are looking [contact information deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

April 02
I recommend you look for an Exclusive Buyer's Agent who services the Las Vegas area by googling "Las Vegas, NV Exclusive Buyer Agents" (or Agent) and then search for the names of the Buyer Agents you find on this site, Zillow.com.  Then search for their individual profiles on Zillow.com where you should find at least a half dozen reviews written by their past Buyers who will tell you in their reviews about the Buyer Agent's services and what they did or did not do for them (the 'did not do' is rare on here).  After you read ALL of the reviews for each candidate, then interview at least 3 different ones that service Las Vegas to determine which one will be the best fit for you.  You want someone to work with you that has your best interest in mind 100% of the time, has at least the ABR designation and if they have a CEBA (Certified Exclusive Buyer Agent) designation and they have excellent reviews, too - then you might have hit the jackpot of a Great Buyer's Agent or Borker who is totally dedicated to helping ONLY Buyers.  Good Luck & have Fun in Vegas...

March 30
A good "Buyer's Agent" should have experience doing just that....working with Buyers! It's a difficult side of the Real Estate business and takes patience and a strong desire to help your clients find the right home.
Not everyone is cut out for it. Ask for references from previous satisfied buyer clients that your Realtor helped in the last year.
  Then set up a meeting and see if you can work well together, I suppose this can be done on the phone in your case. Expect to sign an "exclusive buyers representation agreement" and to have your Pre-Approval taken care of.
When I work with out of  town buyers, I will send potential property to them, if they like the listing, I will go myself and get a feel for the place. If they have to fly out, I try to have 3-5 good prospects waiting for them.
You can get the inspection reports via email and you can also sign documents via a secure Real Estate Document signing program we have.
A little complicated, but it can be done.

March 29
I would recommend you start connecting with a couple of Realtors and see what kind of re pore you build. 

March 28
I love what Steve Matthews mentioned about finding the best agent... No matter where you are, you should always check online reviews (zillow and linkedin are good places to start), ask your friends, family and colleagues whom they have utilized as their amazing agents.
When you feel like you have gotten then best feedback from your own due diligence, then start the interview process. It is sort of like dating... ask the questions, see who gives you the answers that make you the most comfortable and confident in their sales and representation abilities. Knowledge in the area is a great thing for you, and I sure hope that they get to know your communication style and set expectations from the get-go!

Good luck in your search!

March 28

Finding "The Best" Buyer's Agent in Las Vegas is a bit subjective.  There are a lot of factors that go into finding the right person for the job.  Is the person who has sold more homes than anyone else, the "Best" agent? If I was buying a home in a new town, this is what I would look for.

1) Personality, likeability, and sales style.  To me these qualities are more important than how many homes they sold.  Used car salesmen sell lots of cars, but frankly, I don't want to drive around town looking at homes with them constantly pressuring me to buy. 
2)  I want someone who is on my side.I want to work with someone I can trust to look my for your best interest.
3) I want to buy on my timetable.  Please do not pressure me to buy every home I see.  Frankly, I find that approach to be disingenuous.
4) I believe that "The best decision is a well informed decision."  So, let me take the time I need to make the best, most well informed decision.
5) I want someone who is available when I need them.  Too many agents these days work Banker's hours.  Nothing against Bankers, but I don't work from 9:00 to 3:00, the buying cycle isn't from 9:00 to 3:00, and I don't want my agent to work from 9:00 to 3:00 either.
 6) I want someone who knows the market, the rates, the neighborhoods, and can answer to whatever I ask, or who is not afraid to say "I don't know, but I will get that answer for you right this minute."  I don't want BS, guesses, or whatever you think I might want to hear.  That is that trust issue I mentioned above.
7) I want someone who is experienced in the process, who has seen it all, and can help me successfully navigate potentially treacherous waters of buying and selling real estate.

If you can find someone with those 7 qualities, I think you will feel like you had a good fit, and can feel good about buying in Vegas.  In the end you might even say, "He was the Best!"

If you want someone you can like, trust, who is knowledgeable, experienced, available, patient, and who will represent your best interest, I know someone who can help.  Call or email for help.  By the way, I have a listing at a great price right now in an age restricted community for $154,900.

Best wishes, and thanks for reading.

March 28
We've moved a long distance more than once and we've either rented for a while to get to know the area or traveled to spend a week or two viewing properties.  I would not put in an offer site unseen.  That is unfair to both you and the seller.

How to find an agent -  pick up the phone
 - communication?    One thing I notice is when someone answers a question that wasn't asked, for example,    "Are there good rentals in the area?" gets answered with "now is a good time to buy".
 - understanding of your wishes.  This tends to be refined with some time together (and some agents never get it)  For example, if you say 1 story house > 5 miles from the freeway and you get listings sent to you that are 2 stories and 2 blocks from the freeway something has been missed.  
- knowledge of local situation for homes meeting your criteria
-  experience with buyers buying senior housing and experience with people buying from a distance
-    add 50 more questions and you'll be ready to pick up the phone!

March 28