Profile picture for bpoaks

How to get 36 month sales history

I'm trying to research sales history going back 2 or 3 yrs in my city. The search function  has options for past 24 & 36 months sales. However, when I select 36 months, the results are always only for the last 12 months. I've tried 2x's w/ same result. I know the markets bad, but houses did sell here beyond 12 months ago. Pls advise & thx

August 04 2011 - Oakland

Depending on what you're looking for

Our local MLS will provide sales by zip if necessary, broken down by type of property, in various price ranges.

We also have access to statistical data through Clarus Market Metrics functionality showing median prices, average days on market, percent of bankowned properties, etc the last three years.

Did you try to engage a realtor to help? Can't hurt.

Profile picture for hpvanc
I think they have eliminated the functionality, probably to avoid some of the confusion/delusions some people have about the current market.  I just checked a couple of other sites I use for research and both of them have put an absolute limit of 9 months on their recent sales search. 

Try asking the question in the Other>Bugs section and hopefully the appropriate Zillow employee will be monitoring and answer your question.

Profile picture for bpoaks
Once again, I'm looking for comparable home sale history in my area going back 36 months. Zillow's search function clearly provides options for this, but their actual results never go beyond 1 yr. no matter what I try - using filters, etc; always specifying 24 or 36 mo.range. Are the "past 24 & 36 mo" options no longer available? Could someone from Zillow, or who actually knows their system please reply?

I don't know Zillow's tools, tricks and tips too well, so there MAY be a way to accomplish this through Zillow. However, even if you can accomplish this search through Zillow, I very strongly urge you to ask a local agent for this information. Why? (1) The information will be as complete as possible, and may only lack information from off-market sales (intra-familial and other sales not involving an agent) as well as the few sales in which the buyer or seller asked that the sales price not be disclosed. So you'll get good, detailed info. (2) The information is likely to be reported more accurately and more promptly on the MLS than on Zillow, because the information is gathered from agents involved in the transaction, rather than secondary reporting. So you'll get better quality data to work from. (3) An agent who works locally will be able to interpret the data. For example, she/he may know what the norms are for a given Oakland neighborhood and may have seen the one house that sold substantially above or below that norm. With the agent's interpretation, you can pull more meaning from the raw data. I'd be happy to help you if you're looking for an agent who knows Oakland, Piedmont, Berkeley and the surrounding areas. Best of luck on your search, and I hope the results lead you to the answer you're looking for!

Hello BP:

Allow me to ask: what are you trying to find out. Some of the statistics tools on the MLS are somewhat restrictive.
In many cases I can do statistics out of search criteria, regardless of the lenght of period .
But again , what are you looking for in the stats?
Antoine