Profile picture for salshvang

How to get advice on whether it's worthwhile investing in Vallejo real estate?

• August 14 2014 - Vallejo
  • 1

Profile picture for NicoleSolari
Vallejo is a great area to invest, especially if you want to rent.  The rental market is about $1/ sq. ft. +/- for the area and condition of the property.  There is a transfer sales tax of $3.30 per $1000 so a quick flip at that price range may not be the best idea.  If you're looking for a quick flip other cities in Solano county at that price range would be a better investment.  

Nicole Solari
Realtor®
707-486-5400
nicsolari@gmail.com

Profile picture for salshvang
I wanted to clarify that I am looking advice as well as for a knowledgeable and smart real estate agent who can provide good ideas in regards to the market around the Bay area and the right time and location to buy.

I am looking to buy preferably a house (or a town home) which has greatest chances to appreciate over next 5-10 years or so, to help me with my retirement. 
I want to rent it meanwhile, so having a good rental demand in the area is important. I will most likely qualify for $450K or so but would prefer to buy in $300s. 

The reason I was looking into Vallejo is that this seems to be the only area near SFBA where I can afford to buy in my price range. It's also close enough to the Bay Area to have a potential for growth now, when the market seems saturated. However, this factor alone does not guarantee the future appreciation, so I am not sure Vallejo is the right area for me, and I need advice from someone who knows what's going on, on the most promising and affordable location to invest in.  I was thinking about Stockton/Lodi/Modesto, but these are too far from SFBA and therefore, seem too risky. Also, it will probably be  more difficult to manage at a distance. since I live in SF.
Thank you!