Profile picture for m11cain

How to get years prior information from on a property, and as much details as possiable?

I I am looking for as much information on the property as possiable as soon as ppossiable since 2008. I have found alot of much needed facts today, and i am looking to learn more about the property such as value changes, property changes, assesments and land and structual values since 2008. Especially intreasted in learning what a land contract/ rent to own contract would have possiably have been in 2008. Any help would be much appreciated, all my questions would fall under all the categories listed below. My contact information is m11cain@aol.com or phone
  • August 08 2011 - Green Bay
  • 0

Join an investor group.  Investors have experience on these type of programs and use them regularly.  If you do a GOOGLE search in your area you will probably find several investor groups  Good luck!

Hi M11cain
There is only so much information available but there are several free sources available. 1) Go to the county tax rolls. Our county actually goes back about 5 years with their assessment and ownership information on properties. Today's assessment information in my country is REAL close to being right onthe money.2) Its always good to have a real estate agent as a friend in your local area. The fact that you are posting this on Zillow leads me to believe you do not have one. A local agent can provide you with prior lisitng information. Even better, if it was ever listed, go to that listing agent.
3) I have done land contracts both for myself and for other and these are high risk vehicles. If you have never done one (which sounds like it) and you are not using an agent (which sounds like it) you may want to invest in a real estate attorney. As for seeing how one was structured in 2008 it would have to have been recorded in the country records. Try looking up the address under public information.
GOOD LUCK!

It seem to me you are in search of chain of title. Yhe best way to proceed is to contact an agent in your area or contact a title company.
If you are going to purchase the property an agent can contact their prefered title company and maybe get a preliminary title search done for you or you can order a full title search.
My suggestion is to get a title search, this should answer your questions.

Try your county's tax website.  If you can't figure it out, let me know and I will find it for you!

Your County Tax Assessor's office will have information about value changes. Public Records should have information regarding what the home sold for in 2008, but I do not think you can get details regarding the land contract itself. Happy hunting.

You should consider hiring a buyer's agent in the area of interest.  That is a considerable amout of information you are looking for.

I can help you if you are looking in MN but you need help in WI I can't. let me know. If it is in MN send me the address so I can see what I can find.