How to have property re appraised

• August 01 2012 - Buck Township

I am sorry. I should have been a little more specific. I meant to have it re appraised for Taxes. I checked here on Zillow and can see they reappraised our taxes in 2008/2009 and the increase was astronomical. My uncle used to live here and he passed away 2010 and I didnt realize there was such and increase. He had the property put in my name ni 1999 but he was living here and paying the taxes utilities etc... before he went into a nursing home in 2007.

So it is for tax increase re assesment.

Tony

Profile picture for NikoleM
I just had a listing that did not appraise for contract price, not to common in our area but it happens sometimes. We agree to have seller pay for a 2nd appraisal after the first appraiser would not adjust his value based on information we submitted(this is common) the second appraisal come in 5 thousand higher and the buyer and seller both agree to modify the sales price based on the 2nd. Depending on the lender, this is not always an option.

Profile picture for amandathomas
If you believe an appraisal contains errors or inaccuracies, contest the appraisal with the lender.

You will need to have data points to back up your assertions. Were the comps used in the appraisal of similar constitution? Were they:

--in the same neighborhood / subdivision
 --built around the same year
 --same square footage
 --same number of beds / baths
 --same amenities

Did the appraiser measure your square footage correctly and count the number of rooms correctly?

You can also have a broker supply you with comps for the neighborhood which can help provide visibility on appraisal errors, as well as to provide more appropriate comparable houses for use on an appraisal.