How to terminate an "agreement for exclusive right to lease"

I signed an "agreement for exclusive right to lease" with an agent given that he said anytime I am not happy with his performance, we just shake hands and say good bye. Now I am not happy with this agent, he hasn't brought any tenant candidates to me, but introducing me to his contractors, asking me to spend thousands of dollars to renovate the house instead. I want to end this agreement now, but there is no termination terms stated in the agreement. And the agent holds the signed agreement and said if my property is rented within the listing period, I still have to pay the fee.

How do I terminate this agreement?
  • December 10 2012 - Boston

Profile picture for RafaelAPRG
Did you review agreement.  Sometimes it says that if LL rents it directly then there is no Fee Due to Agent.  Also, you should never have to sign an exclusive right to rent agreement.  Best way to rent a place is allow all agents to show and advertise it and bring you the best customer.  Check out our site.  We do a lot of rentals around the city. [Website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

Yes, I have tried to shake hands and say good bye. But he still said it doesn't end the contract and that if my property is rented within the listing period, I still have to pay the fee.

Have you tried to shake hands and say good bye?

Take your copy of the agreement to your attorney.