I'd like to search for houses based on the difference of the z-estimate and the sale price.Possible?

Also most recent tax assessed price minus sale price would be good.  Trying to determine which houses have the most potential equity.
  • July 27 2012 - US
  • 0

I'm very familiar with the area I live in and know how to recognize a good deal when I see one.  I think the zestimate along with taxable value are useful metrics to be considered in determining when a house is undervalued.  A lot of large difference in these values usually means the area is less desirable but that some have still managed to sell for a good price.  It can also mean that there is something simple an appraiser wouldn't pass which could be fixed the weekend before the appraiser gets there (with permission).

Profile picture for VinceMilito
This is a complete waste of your time. The zestimate's are usually not very accurate. Sounds like you're looking for a good buy. Get a real good agent who knows how to recognize a good deal. You also need to get a feel for the market where you want to buy. Once you get comfortable you'll recognize a good value when you see it and then you can pounce on it. Because the good deals go quick!