Profile picture for alabalol

I'd like you to review Zillow's estimate of my house. E.g. It 's a two family and not one family...

I would like you to review your estimate of my house, 253 High Street, Orange NJ 07050. E.g. It 's a two family and not one family, It has been upraded from Kitchen to bathroom e.t.c
  • December 20 2008 - East Orange
  • 0

khmersrey,I think good schools do make a difference to people when they look for a house especially if they have kids. You can claim your home here and then edit your home facts to reflect the correct schools here. It is quick and easy to do. The school info comes from Education.com. As for the county taxes, you are right. The couty does not want to lower your taxes, but appealing with the recent sales in hand of houses like yours that Zillow provides is enough to win an appeal. i know because I did it and won. As for the upgrades, you are right. That is why Zillow provides a range and not just one number. They also give you the option of adding the upgrades to your house with the owner's estimate feature here. You can make those changes yourself. Zillow only has available what they have which is numbers alone. No condition info, no ugly scale, no way to see your house vs your neighbors. It is not perfect, but I would advise making the changes that you can make to your home page so that it is better and more accurate overall. I hope the link are helpful.

Profile picture for khmersrey
I have a problem with zillow's estimates on my house because:
#1 - They put you in the wrong school district and then when you try to get them to fix after you have checked with your school district..Zillow says you are wrong!! That not only brings my values down but the whole neighborhood has the same low value.
#2 -   Accourding to the county, you can't use Zillow comparables to lower your property taxes. 
#3 They don't factor in any upgrades to your house in the estimates.  I have 4 bdrm 2 bth and my neighbor has 3 bd rm 2 bth with the same lot size but zillow has hos house worth more than mine???

I had a similar situation when I listed a 2 family and found that Zillow had it listed as a 1 family. I walked the owner through claiming the property and made the necesaary changes which increased the Zestimate by $35,000. Eventually Zillow changed to the correct information. Also add your "Owners Estimate" which should include any Remodels or Upgrades to the preoperty along with the cost.

Profile picture for natewolf

There is not a customer service department at Zillow. You need to "claim" the property using the free Zillow system. Then you can correct the listing yourself.

My own home was undervalued by $200,000, had the wrong stories, wrong square footage, wrong year built... etc etc etc... but I "claimed" the property and made the changes quick and easy.

If this post answered your question, please click the "THUMBS UPS" button below    V