Profile picture for BrittneyRoss

I'm 21 and looking to get into real estate....

...I was wondering if it would be easier to start off as leasing agent since I'm young.
  • May 24 2011 - Staten Island
  • 0

If you are looking to start a real estate career, read "The Millionaire Real Estate Agent".  If you can master that book, you will be ahead most of your competition.

In residential real estate, you can mostly likely work for 90 days before you are paid (i.e. a closed transaction and your commission is paid to you).  The turn around in lease transactions are obliviously quicker, but at a smaller price point.

If you have a support system that will allow you to work while you get your first couple of deals, the I say go for it!  

Being a Realtor can be very rewarding.  You are helping people make one of the most significant & expensive decisions in their lives.  That's the part I love the most, working with great people reach their dream.  If you love working with people, solving problems and being a resource it is a great career choice.

Good luck in your decision.