Profile picture for letlandavazo

I'm a landlord, the garage door just broke, how much time do I have before I have to fix?

The garage door stopped working last Thursday,  I called someone and he will be over on Sunday.. how much time does a landlord have to fix anything that breaks on a rental?
  • July 21 2011 - Modesto

Do you have the link to the CA landlord/tenant guide?  Here's the link. 

It describes repairs in a reasonable amount of time.   If it was a furnace and the outside temperature was low, a day or two might be reasonable.  At other times 30 days may be reasonable. 

I suspect (but am not giving legal advice) that if you contact the tenants and let them know the repair person will come on Sunday and it was the first opportunity, it should be fine.   (I hope you have reasonable tenants).