Profile picture for abcteach123

I'm a single mom of 3. I'm a teacher for dade schools but my credit isn't good. can I buy a home?

• April 07 2013 - Kendall

Depends on score and what is on the credit making it not good.

What is your definition of "good'?  The best way to start is to gather all data.  Your credit report and application, income docs and asset information.  Each lender has different credit overlays.  Once the data is gathered and entered into the Automated Underwriting System, the answer might suprise you.

You would need 1.  Good-decent credit (Clean 12 months) 2. Steady employment/income and 3.  Down payment

The best way to find out if you qualify is to talk to a lender.  They can usually answer some questions about your situation before pulling your credit, but will have to pull credit to know for sure. 

I recommend checking with at least 2-3 lenders. 

Good Luck.