I'm casting for a HGTV show called "My First Sale" is anyone selling their first home or working wit

I am casting for HGTV's new show "My First Sale"  and i'm trying to find people selling their first home.  Does anyone know anyone that would be interested in being on a national TV show?  E-mail me at sross@highnoontv.com or call (303) 712-3108.  Thanks!

October 28 2009 - Littleton

As the question was asked more than 2 years ago I suspect they've found their choices long long ago.

R U looking for first time buyers selling their first short sale?  I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about this programming...will kleenex be a sponsor?

Profile picture for butchie36
My sister has a house in pa she would be very interested in being part of a show to get it sold.

Man, I would love to see a show which took two comparable houses in the same neighborhood - one where the seller was willing to correct condition issues (even get a home inspection and deal with what that found) and stage inside & out, and the other where the seller was selling as is.  The show could document the work being done on each house, show how the selling agent(s) advertise each property, and what happens in the first two weeks....then come back in, lets say, three-ish months and get a status update from each seller and agent.

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
please, please, please get a financial planner to consult for your show... with the original "property virgins" i always cringe when those magical words came out of the realtor's mouth

"it has everything you ever wanted, but its just a little outside your price-range"

first time home-buyers husband/wife no family in a 4 br with a yard... you want what you want, but dam, would it have killed you to explain the concept of a starter home(on air)?

also an interior designer ofc

I know! We definitely do have our work cut out for us... Luckily we have been able to find people re-locating or sellers willing to lose a little bit on the sell end to make it up on the buy end.  All depends on how you look at it! :) We have to cast 20 more stories before the end of the year, but we've been lucky so far with the 10 we have cast!  Some of them have gotten offers fairly quickly.  Regardless, it'll be an interesting show to watch!  Now that the home buyer credit has been extended, there may be bunch of sellers looking to take advantage of the motivated buyers... guess we'll see!  But if you find any first time sellers, let me know!

Boy-o-boy, you are looking for drama. You have a bit of a challenge though. Most of my sellers are banks or experienced investors. They are also dramatic, but not property virgins. The property virgins have either already lost their homes or are fighting to keep them, but even they are not dumb enough to sell in this market unless it is a relocation scenario. In fact, not even the banks are selling right now.

Look on the MLS for Denver's best fix and flip neighborhoods, where people were "hit hardest" with foreclosures. There are ZERO homes for sale on the MLS in 80219, 80204, 80223 and more. All of them sold in 14 days for a pittance! The houses I have that are still for sale have not had any offers in a long time. One seller is 80+ years old, and he doesn't give a .... anymore because the stress is going to kill him. Maybe that would make a good story line- "banks kill old man by not answering short-sale offers."