I'm considering buying a home in Big Bear or Running Springs in the future but I want to know the di

• December 09 2012 - Big Bear Lake
  • 0

Profile picture for IsraelKBarden
Hi There,
Because Big Bear is at such a high elevation, most of the things to be concerned about are weather related. For instance, a steep driveway can cause you a great deal of problems if it is allowed to ice over and is not cleared right away after a storm. Pipes freezing due to improper winterization is also a big issue. If you are planning on using your home as a vacation rental, you really need the guidance of a local expert. Please feel free to call me with any questions [Phone removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

Sorry about that. I'm considering buying a home in the Big Bear area. What kind of things do I need to consider. For instance, many homes are on steep inclines. Do I have to worry about access in the winter? Are there other homeowners in the area I might be able to get advice from?

Thank you

[Promotion and website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

I wish they would some how limit whats written into the subject line.  We would be able to offer better advise.  This is an area that I have knowledge about and would like to answer the question if possible.

Your post got cut off. What is it that you want to know?