I'm having difficult choosing a kitchen cabinet color. I have mushroom walls with cream trim and bla

• August 29 2012 - US

The big box stores  and smaller cabinet stores will sometimes lend you cabinet fronts, take them home and see how they look with your paint. Or go to a  cabinet maker's store with your paint color or go to model homes and see if you can get inspired that way or check out my fav' Downsview Kitchens for inspiration. Remember you may get tired of that wall color so pick a cabinet color that will stand the test of time. Hope that helps.

Don't go with matching colors, mushroom walls being light you should choose for something a bit dark. Shortlist few colors then select one from them, you can also visit [hotlink removed by Zillow moderator] and have a look on different colors and shades.

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
You could do a cream color with a dark brown glaze over the top. Something like this:

Profile picture for BungalowMo
Wow....I certainly wouldn't coordinate the cabinets to those colors.  Especially since you seem to be less than thrilled about them.

I'd pick a nice sunny wall color...like a light yellow.  Do a white trim & paint the cabinets white too.

Of course...those are the colors mine will eventually be, so I'm partial to it.  But for me, personally, I'm so tired of seeing all the beige (mushroom) colored tile work you always see in kitchens & baths these days.

Went 180 degrees in the other direction in my bath & did a white subway tile wall with dark gray grout & black hex tile with same grout.  Classic black & white never goes out of style, and you can add any wall color & linens you like & it will look fine.

Trust me...not much goes with mushroom....except maybe a nice Porterhouse!