Profile picture for jpdummy1

I'm looking to buy some property where i can invest

Hey there,

I'm new to this forum and i hope this is the right place to ask. I am looking to invest in real estate, to be more precise I want to invest in real estate somewhere in the suburbs. Can you guys help me with this? I would appreciate it

Thank you in advance

January 15 - US

You are definitely on the right site.If you would like I could answer any questions you might have. You can let me know your criteria ,from price range to locations and I will be able to meet your specific needs.Feel free to contact me I would love to find that investment property for you today.

January 22
Profile picture for as dummy12
Hey,

I highly recommend http://realnettampabay.com for you requirement. It helped me a lot when i wanted to find a real estate property to invest in.

Wish you success

January 22
The recommendation will depend on what your overall goal is and where you want to be.  For example, here in Denver we are in one of  the strongest real estate markets in the US.  The "money" IS NOT in the suburbs.  Not that you can't make some money there, it's just a "long" play as opposed to quicker returns and big big money.  Look me up if your interested and I'll give some advice for free.

Jay Feaster

January 21
BFlipping can get you some cash profit but buying the right property and "holding" for a while --- while you efficiently rent it out --- will make you wealthy.

If you decide to "buy and hold" you get 4 unique benefits: (1) your "monthly dividend", i.e. "the rent profit" you receive, could be 20%-30% rate of return or more,  (2), your value of the property INCREASES usually each year---- betcha can't do that with your money in a savings account, (3) your renters are actually paying OFF your loan --- the rent you receive should probably be a couple hundred to a few hundred dollars more than your mortgage payment depending on your circumstances, and (4) you get to write off "depreciation" instead of "interest" like your primary house.  It might not be as much as your primary house write off but it IS substantial.

By the way, try this for a quick analysis. it's called the "Gross Rent Multiplier" (GRM): Take the estimated monthly rents showing in Zillow and divide them into your "acquisition price" (your purchase price, for instance).  This would be how many months it takes to "break even".  A general rule of thumb is "100" months or less.   Nicer houses in better neighborhoods in better condition may have higher GRM but you want a LOWER number than 100 if possible.

In our area, for instance, you can pick up homes for as little as $35,000 and rent them out for $700/month. ---- that's a GRM of "50".  That means in 50 months it's like you're breaking even.

By the way--- that $35,000 house may be worth twice that amount or more right from the beginning.  Then a few years from now it will likely appreciate even higher and your rent can increase along the way.

January 18
Have you considered the lending side of investing? Do you plan on obtaining a loan for this investment? If so, there are some things that you should know before hand. Since you would be purchasing a second home or investment property, it is riskier for a lender to fund this property for you. In result, you will likely have a higher interest rate and down payment for investment properties to balance out the risk for the lender. So I suggest you be prepared for that and have at least 20% down ready along with closing costs. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a lender such as myself to see if you can get started on financing a new home or investment property. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me.

January 17
Investing in real estate can be lucrative, or it can be a total financial disaster (even resulting in bankruptcy)   Therefore, approach this carefully. 

You mention "suburbs" - that covers a lot of the US.   Did you have an area in mind?

Do you wish to become a landlord?   Or is your preference flipping?  (Do you have the financial resources, skills and experience?)

What is your over all goal with investing in real estate?    Perhaps a REIT would be easier.

Here are a couple of Zillow guides:

Investing in real estate.
Flipping  homes for profit.

Wander over to the library and pick up some books.

January 15