Profile picture for lonesome rambler

I'm looking to sell a house valued around $755k. Is anyone even out there looking?

We have a 5 bedroom/5 bath house that we're looking to sell.  But I'm wondering if anyone is even out there looking at houses in this price category.  Talking to friends who are selling in Elmhurst and nearby they don't seem to get a lot of visitors.  But I wonder if they are just over-priced.  What sort of traction is out there?

October 11 2009 - Elmhurst

Best Answer
Here are the last 3 months statistics for Elmhurst (484 total properties - 95 sold).  The average selling price was 93.35% of the the final list price. Twelve home sold for over $750K representing 12.6% of sales. Of those 12, two sold in your price range.  There were two others which were listed between $750K and $700K which also sold and one was a short sale.  There are 32 homes priced $700K - $800K so that's 8 months supply at the current rate.  For best results, price tight to the market, make sure the home is in show shape and have access to every marketing avenue possible.

Buyers in that price range are still out there.  They like buyers at any price range want to feel like they are getting a deal.  What you really need is an agressive realtor that has a unique marketing plan that is specific to high end buyers.  I would love the opportunity to take a look at your home and present my marketing plan.

If you price it right and display it right, they will come. It may be a number you are not comfortable with, but the market has adjusted. You may not want to do what is necessary to stage the house properly, but the market is being picky.
Ask 3 full-time professional local Realtors to predict what it will sell for in the next 30 or 90 or 180 days and see if you can live with it.