I'm new at being a Colorado realtor. Am working with a buyer on a short sale house in which the own

• February 04 2013 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Neeraj Jassal
Bernard is absolutely correct - you should talk to either your broker or managing broker to figure out what you should (and shouldn't) be doing.  

You need someone with experience and knowledge of the law to oversee your actions.  Remember, there are potentially thousands and hundreds of thousands of someone else's dollars at stake here....and "I read it on the internet" won't hold up in court.  

Be smart - ask the right questions to the right people and you will learn something valuable today.

Good luck.

I would really, really advise discussing these things with your broker. A new agent should not be cut adrift, particularly with a short sale transaction. Your broker also has a duty to oversee what their agents are doing.

In CO:  A contract to buy is signed by both seller & buyer but with the wrong title co name on it.  The listing agent told me the wrong title co.  Listing agent said he would send me an amend extend to correct this error.  In the meantime he wants me to give the title co my buyers earnest check.  
Q1:  Shouldn't I first get the amend extend THEN submit the earnest check?  
Q2:  Do I normally have 48 hrs to get earnest money to the title co?
Q3:  Listing agent sent me Closing instr, Lead-based form & sq footage form all with old dates on them.  Ex:  July 2012.  Is this not a big deal or should I request he update the dates and resend? 
Thank you, 
Newbie in Colorado

Your question got cut off. Perhaps you would like to respond so the rest of your question can be seen.