Profile picture for cfsampson

I'm shopping for a home. Can I look at my Zillow favorites list in map mode?

• April 24 2011 - Libertyville
  • 0

Agree with Phillip that Zillow can contain  off market property either under contract, sold, cancelled etc.  So can Realtor.com by the way & many other sites.

Feel free to go to www.buyerbrokerchicago.com to access a very cool map based view of Libertyville homes - and search by just about any parameter you can think of.  Everything you see is available - vs sold.

My company (called an Exclusive Buyer Brokerage) is quite unique in that we never represent sellers - so we are always on the buyer's side - looking out for their best interests - without the conflicts of interest that "buyer agents" can have (they and their company list property for sale) 

My company is based in the NW Burbs & is located right next to Libertyville.

Have  great day!

Thanks for your question.  I recommend contacting a local full time, professional Realtor, they are experts.  I would be willing to help you find one if need be.

Good luck, hope this helps and Happy Easter!

Profile picture for minotau
Interesting, I never noticed that before - my "favorites" aren't displayed any differently than any other property on the map view never mind being able to filter to display ONLY favorites.

I actually use Zillow because they have an Android app.  So on my Android handset I can use the map view and it will display my "favorites" with a small heart on them.  I don't see a filter that will let me display ONLY my favorites, that would be very nice, but at least I can pick my favorites out on the map. 

I use the Zillow Android app for navigating to Open Houses, it works pretty well for me, but it would be outstanding if it had map view filters that would allow me to display only favorites/open houses for a particular date.  Although I'm not sure how good Zillow is for finding Open Houses, and it's listing data is simply too questionable to use when searching for properties.

I use Redfin primarily (may not be available for your area anyway), but no Android app, and since they don't list Open Houses in the MLS of one area where we've been searching I have to do a lot of poking around on realtor websites to identify open houses.  Once I've identified them then for any area I then have to make them a "favorite" on Zillow so that they will be readily identifiable when we're out and about.  Then I just click on one and say "directions"... Nice!

ZipRealty.com is a great site for viewing your favorites on a map! 

- Jackie
Jackie.Cerney@ziprealty.com

zillow is a very poor site to search for property because it contains huge numbers of off market property either under contract, sold, cancelled etc. It also has lots of inaccurate and incomplete information. None of this might be a problem if you are just starting out or if you have an agent sending you 'real time' data, but try some other site like realtor.com, my web site or some other one.

That's a good question. I've bookmarked this so I can come back to see the answers. If you can't see your favorites on Zillow, a real estate agent in your area probably has software that allows you to do that. You usually have to provide your name, phone and email to use it. If Zillow doesn't have that feature, I'll bet they come up with it soon!