I'm thinking about having an open house this thanksgiving wknd. Any feedback if it's worth it?

• November 21 2010 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Tyler Rygmyr
They tend to be better for the Realtor sitting the open house than the client.  Hey, if you have the time it may be worth it over the holiday.  You never know who you may run it to.

depends on where you are located and the inventory situation in your market and price range.   Where I live, metro Atlanta, it would be a waste of time in any price range unless the home was in a very few neighborhoods or locations that are always hot hot hot!

If you are doing an open house try to get as much traffic as possible by sending postcards to neighbors inviting all their friends that might be interested in the area. Be sure to put a lot of the directionals leading from the shopping malls. Be sure to bring a good book,

I still thinks it's totally worth a shot. I am doing one as well and told my seller it's completely hit or miss. I think we need to get as many open houses in on our listings before the weather gets too cold and we have to worry about snow. Good luck to you if you decide to have one!

Opps! Just looked at your profile, you are in sunny Florida! I suppose you are not worried about snowy open houses! Well, anyways, just know I will be up here in chilly Baltimore MD holding an open house on Thanksgiving Sunday. Happy Selling! Mary

This weekend is one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year.  I think you would be wasting a lot of time and energy in doing an open house this weekend.

dont think you will get much traffic, but you never know when the right buyer will come along.