Profile picture for serious buyer dude

I'm thinking of buying a house in the West Windsor, NJ area. We have a 10 month old baby.....

My concerns:
are there good public schools in the area,
Looking for  an area that is  of course safe, and quiet.
Also we will need good access to NYC.

Trenton Creeps us out, how close is TOO close.
Does any one (pro or just a local resident) have any advice on these matters?

• August 18 2012 - Hamilton Township
  • 0

West Windsor is a beautiful town in central New Jersey!  My wife grew up there and is now a teacher at Grover Middle School.  Her parents still live in the town and I do quite a bit of work in the area as well.

I would describe West Windsor as a quiet and peaceful town, but it's still located next to plenty of great restaurants and shopping.  West Windsor and nearby Plainsboro share two high schools that are consistently ranked amongst the best in the state!  I would definitely consider it a safe and wonderful place to raise children.  Trenton will seem a world away!

My father-in-law took the train from Princeton Junction Train Station to NYC for many years.  There are mid-town direct trains that keep the ride as short as possible.

Good luck with your search for a new home.  I hope this helps!

West Windsor is a tremendous township.  Its own train station so if you don't want to go to Trenton you don't have to.  The school system is one of hthe highest rated in the state.  I don't think you can go wrong in West Windsor.  It's also called Princeton Junction.